Florida Mental Health Counselors Association - FMHCA
Florida Mental Health Counselors Association is the State Chapter of American Mental Health Counselors Association. FMHCA is the only organization dedicated exclusively to meeting the professional needs of Florida’s Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Its sole purpose is to promote the profession of mental health counseling and the needs of our clients.
The purposes of the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association are to:
- Provide a system for the exchange of professional information among mental health counselors through newsletters, journals or other scientific, educational and /or professional materials
- Provide professional development programs for mental health counselors to update and enhance clinical competencies;
- Promote legislation that recognizes and advances the profession of mental health counseling; Provide a public forum for mental health counselors to advocate for the social and emotional welfare of clients;
- Promote positive relations with mental health counselors and other mental health practitioners in all work settings to enhance the profession of mental health counseling;
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of minimal training standards for mental health counselors;
- Promote scientific research and inquiry into mental health concerns;
- Provide liaison on the state level with other professional organizations to promote the advancement of the mental health profession.
- Provide the public with information concerning the competencies and professional services of mental health counselors, and to:
- Promote equitable licensure standards for mental health counselors through the state legislature.